Thursday, May 23, 2019

Graphic Design Spring 2019 Final

Spring 2019 Final

Favorite Projects

First

This project was outlining a subject to turn them into vectors. This project took multiple weeks, most of the time being spent on the outline. Some challenges included knowing how many details you needed in the final project and also have the color values match and look natural. New skills I learned while creating this project are how to look critically at an image and how to constantly be editing an image when you add a new part to it. Some feedback I took into consideration include adding more highlights and shadows. The changes from my original idea were mostly making it more detailed with what I stated above, as my original piece was going to be very simplistic. Overall, I liked doing the 2 kinds of vectors, but it wasn't really my style.

Second

The infographic project was picking a topic, researching it, then putting it in a, you guessed it, infographic. It took us around 2 months to complete. Some challenges I faced were turning my complex sketches into simple graphics. New skills include improving with the pen tool (which really helped out with the next project, Vectors) and also being able to condense down information. Feedbacks that I took into consideration was the layout of the overall piece, and making it flow better. Changes from my original piece are mostly just how the sketches looked and their layout in each section. I really liked this one because we got to communicate a topic we love and teach others through art.

Third

My final favorite project was creating a greeting card. This project was the quickest out of the three if you don't include the printing of it. Some challenges included what colors to use and what font(s) to use. My font here is a collection of 3 different styles, so I have that personal touch. The main skills I learned came from using InDesign for the first time and figuring how to lay out cards. I didn't get much feedback except for the text used. With this one, I only changed the colors so that you can still see the text and graphics separately. Like the one above, we got to have a strong say in what we created and wrote, so I liked the freedom of being able to make something for our friends.

Time Used

Throughout this semester, I was able to use my time in class efficiently by staying focused and keeping an eye on deadlines. If I finished early, I either went ahead or worked on my own projects. If I didn't know a technical skill, I mostly looked things up, asked friends, or just kept working on it until something clicked. I critiqued my projects by constantly asking friends how I could improve on it or asking what I could add before it was turned in. Outside of class, I often came in to work on projects or help friends with theirs, and by doing that I could see what I wanted from my self and could turn what they did to an enhancement for myself since I got to see a different perspective.

eComm Strengths

Now that I have been in eComm for 2 years, I know that my best strengths lie in perseverance and time management. With life beginning to pick up with high school workloads, I've adapted with it so that I get everything done and turned in on time. And when things get tough, I've kept at it, even when being frustrated when something didn't turn out like I thought it would. This strengths are especially great to have in eComm since the classes revolve around projects and going beyond what you know.

eComm Improvements

However, despite my strengths, there are also weaknesses I have within the 5 guarantees of eComm. I can always improve on communication with others. Given that a lot of projects are independently done, you need to know when to collaborate when necessary. Though I talk to my friends, I have to be ready to talk on a professional level to get clients. Beginning now, I plan to reach out to more people to build myself a brand, and hopefully create useful connections for when I get out of college.

Conclusion

What I loved most about my graphic design experience was using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and also being in a chill environment. Though, I would like the class to have more hands-on training instead of following directions for most projects. I feel like there needs to be an even mix on being taught something and having to follow instructions. One goal I would like to set for myself is getting 100 endorsement hours, and then for senior year I would like to graduate with the highest honors we can get. I'm really gonna miss graphic design, but I know that having this class has, and will continue to, helped me with animation. So, thank you, Mrs. Beaudoin, I know next year's class for you will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment