Thursday, October 11, 2018

Multi Exposure Panorama

DC Panorama










Travel

At the beginning. we passed over a calm river to reach the destination of our 23 bus ride: Washington DC. On our way to a hotel, there was a building that reached up into the heavens, a sight that we would see nearly everyday. The altitude was different here, the air felt lighter but with the amount of plants and trees, it felt more invigorating. Breathing in welcomed the strong scent of rich earth and aromas from various food trucks and restaurants nearby. I had never seen a city so cultured and so different around each corner, people talked in more languages than I could imagine and they were selling everything from around the globe. 

During the middle, we spent most of our time visiting monuments and museum. There was always another building close by that beckoned you to explore it. One of my favorite places to see was the Botanic Gardens, which I know isn't some fancy, towering building with more history than some states, but I felt alive with all the growth, and how they had everything from desert cacti to tropical trees. Don't get me wrong, I feel more knowledgable visiting national museums that taught you everything from art history to NASA, and I will forever keep close the awe I felt when I saw the founding documents. At the end of each adventure, we'd return to what would become our home, safely protected by a stone lion.

The end came with after our parade. The parade itself was through bustling streets, and I had difficulty breathing in the heavy, humid air. But we all pushed through the landmarks and smoke left over by the motorcycles are few hours before. All I could focus on was making it to the end, even though I dreaded leaving the mountainous, lush green region to go back to flat, yellow Kansas. Then, it was over, and I chugged down a water bottle, which had become the sweetest thing in the city to me. The bus ride back to the hotel was quiet, all of us satisfied with completing our main goal for band. Soon after. we began another day long ride, leaving over that calm, shimmering river. 

Reflection

First, I had everything in black and white so that they could have a shared mood. I edited the contrast balance so that the images might have a dark black and a bright white. I kept color in what I felt had the most impact on people, which in the end was the colors red and gold. The 2 rivers were both put down as the background, one at night and on at day. The tried to have the buildings show up in the order that I saw them, and had the ones I saw the most in the middle and on the left side. I wanted it to appear as though they were right by each other, without having hard lines and by deleting the backgrounds. I feel like the little bit of color represents what the city itself tried to make the most important, having a strong historical/political background. The buildings were either in the background or the foreground to keep it consistent. Then, extra items were put along the middle. The emotions were mostly awe of the monuments, and a sense of wonder. Overall, I tried to make it flow from the beginning to the end, to have that sense of Travel through DC, and to convey what I felt along the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment